Free Entry to the Eastern Grandstand For Official Opening
The Dolphins will officially open Stage 2 of Dolphin Stadium, the Eastern Grandstand, on Sunday 1st July. With seating for nearly 3,000 and expansive grassy space at the top for many more, the project is another phase in the Master Plan to create a 10,000 capacity boutique stadium for the Moreton Bay Region.
Underneath the grandstand, the Dolphins Academy has taken shape, with offices, training rooms and data room designed to support the Dolphins Development program which is giving opportunities to young players, on and off the field.
The whole project has been supported by the Moreton Bay Regional Council, the State Government and Federal Government as well as the Redcliffe Leagues Club. The sod turning took place on 6th October 2017 with construction commencing shortly after. With just a couple of minor rain delays, the project has run close to schedule and the grandstand will be ready for its first spectator on 1st July.
To celebrate the official opening, the Village Motors Dolphins are inviting all supporters to join us at our next home game when we take on Wynnum Manly in the Herald Cup, on 1st July 2018. Entry to the Eastern Stand will be free on the day. The Realway Junior Dolphins will also be out in force, taking part in the Gatorade Junior March Past around the field at half time of the main game.
There will be plenty of other activities on the day, including:
- Village Motors Team Song Challenge
- Gatorade Junior March Past
- Schweppes Sausage Sizzle fundraiser
- Flippa’s Fun Zone, including facepainting, Play NRL activities and Mechanical Football
- Roving Acrobats
- Daytime Fireworks
- Over $3500 cash to be won in the Junior Dolphins Raffle to be drawn on the day
- Plus more!
Date: Sunday 1st July 2018
Gates Open: 9.00am
Colts V Wynnum Manly Seagulls 10am
BRL A Grade V Wynnum Manly Seagulls: 11.45am
Village Motors Dolphins V Wynnum Manly Seagulls: 2:00pm
- Free Entry to the Eastern Stand
- Entry to the Des Webb Stand is $10 Adults, $5 Aged/Disabled Pensioners and Children 15-18 years. Children 14 and Under FREE