The Club expects all players to comply with the NRL Code of Conduct- Player. The full document can be accessed on www.playnrl.com
In summary, the Code requires all players to:
- Be a good sport and respect all good play whether from your team or the opposition.
- Shake hands with, and thank, the opposition players and officials after the game – win, lose or draw.
- Participate for your own enjoyment and benefit.
- Always respect the Referee’s decision.
- Never become involved in acts of foul play.
- Honour both the spirit and letter of the competition rules and live up to the highest ideals of ethics and sportsmanship; avoid gamesmanship and respect the traditions of the game.
- Never engage in disrespectful conduct of any sort including profanity, sledging, obscene gestures, offensive remarks, trash-talking, taunting, or other actions that are demeaning to other players, officials or supporters.
- Care for and respect the facilities and equipment made available to you during training and competition.
- Safeguard your health; do not use any illegal or unhealthy substances.
- Recognise that many Officials, Coaches and Referees are Volunteers who give up their time to provide their services – Treat them with the utmost respect.
*Penalties may apply for breaches of the NRL Code of Conduct- Player.
The Club expects all spectators to comply with the NRL Code of Conduct- Parent/Spectator.
The full document can be accessed on www.playnrl.com
In summary, the Code requires parents/ spectators to:
- Condemn violent or illegal acts.
- Respect the referee’s decisions.
- Understand that unsportsmanlike language or aggressive behaviour will not be tolerated.
- Encourage players to play by the rules and to respect opposition players and officials.
- Never ridicule a player for making a mistake.
- Participate in positive cheering that encourages all players.
- Remember that participants are involved for their own enjoyment, not yours.
- Follow the directions of the Duty Officials or Club staff.
- Never arrive at a Junior game under the influence of alcohol, never bring alcohol to a game.
*Penalties may apply for breaches of the NRL Code of Conduct- Parent/Spectator.